There is a petition to reduce the risk level of youth hockey in Illinois from high to medium - in line with basketball and soccer. If you'd like to sign it, follow this link:
Earlier today, Governor Pritzker announced the state will be “restricting youth and adult recreational organized sports” beginning August 15th. Hockey is considered a “higher-risk sport” and therefore, will be limited to “Level 1” play: no-contact practices and training only.
The Chicago Stallions organization, as always, is committed to providing a safe and productive hockey experience for all of our players, coaches and families. The Stallions Board is currently working to provide all of you with a plan for our players that meets our current government restrictions, while also allowing for flexibility.
This has been a most unique year with never before seen challenges. We recognize that our players are hungry to be back together again and on the ice. Our coaches, too, feel the exact same way. We appreciate your patience and support as we work through today’s announcement and develop a solution that seeks to advance each player’s skills, while providing the opportunity to engage with fellow Stallions teammates in a safe manner. We will communicate this plan to all of you as soon as possible.
Please note AHAI is expected to provide guidance to all Illinois youth hockey organizations in the coming days, and we will be incorporating their guidelines into our plan. Lastly, while we do not currently know the specific financial implications of our revised season format, rest assured that the Stallions program fee will be aligned with what we are able to offer our players.
Clinics and Tryouts
At this time we still plan on holding clinics and tryouts per the schedule that was published yesterday. While we may not be able to play competitively today, we need to be prepared for any changes that could happen later in the year. Tryouts provide a necessary assessment that will allow us to help return our players to competitive play as quickly as possible when restrictions are lifted.
Thank you for your continued patience. We look forward to announcing our Level 1 plan soon.
The Chicago Stallions Board of Directors